Are you just starting out on this homeschooling journey? Here are 10 things I wish I’d known when I was a new homeschooling dad:
- We can do this.
- Our kids will be different – and that’s good!
- It’s not about getting them into Harvard.
- My wife is going to need cheerleading. And lots of help.
- Scratch number 4. These are my kids, too. My wife doesn’t just need help. We are homeschooling. It’s not her job to homeschool the kids.
- The house is never going to be clean. Maybe when the kids are grown. But then I’ll be sad.
- This is going to be expensive, but worth it.
- Our parents, friends, relatives, etc., may or may not understand or support what we’re doing. In fact, they may actively oppose what we’re doing.
- We’re going to feel like quitting. Don’t!
- I love my kids!!!
What do you think?